Sunday 3 July 2011

My idol, My hero, My everything.

Children always see their parents as the bad guys. As the ones who just don't understand, when in truth, they are much wiser than we are. Only when we've grown up a little and see more of life do we realise that they were right all along. They try so hard to keep us on the right track when it's so easy to get lost in this life. Whether it's a bad friend which they try to keep us away from or bad things that could ruin our lives.
They always want what's best for us, but we refuse to believe it. We always think we know better.
My Mum is a wonderful person. I appreciate her so much and I'm very grateful for having her in my life. She has a strong character which I deeply admire. She's been through so much in her life, but it's all a part of who she is. And it has only made her a stronger person. She's done her best to raise me, and she's done a great job. She's always wanted what's best for me and she's done her best to provide me with everything that I needed. She's spent many nights by my side when I was sick. She guided me through life, taught me right from wrong, and taught me manners and how to treat others. She helped me grow to be the person I am today. I look up to her. She IS my idol! She has such a beautiful soul.
Many people say I'm just like her and it makes me very happy. I'd LOVE to be like her when I grow up.

I regret all the times where I put my friends before my mum. It would be a Saturday (the day I'd be waiting for all week), time to go out with friends to a party and have fun. My mum would come to me and ask me if i wanted to spend time with her, go out for lunch or have a 'girly'  night in, but being a 'typical' young teenager I would refuse, telling her that I wanted to go out with my friends and that she would ruin my weekend or embarrass me. I would throw fits if she wouldn't let me go out. I'd scream, have a paddy. I can't believe how mean I am to her sometimes, she doesn't deserve it. Now being 14, I do believe I have 'grown up' although it was not too long ago I acted this way, I still regret my actions and words. Me and my mum are very close, I admire her. I do believe that one day, just one day, ill be the one in her shoes. And ill get a taste of my own medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment